1. Clarity on the gospel: One of the most important challenges facing the church in our generation is a loss of clarity about what precisely the Good News of Jesus Christ is. As a Church and as individual Christians, we want to be known for being unmistakably clear about what the Gospel is.
2. Faithfulness in preaching: We want to be known as a church where God's Word, the Bible, is faithfully and forcefully preached every week. By opening God's Word and looking carefully at what it says and how it applies to our lives, we aim to grow in love for God and for His people.
3. Pursuit of meaningful discipleship: We never want to be a church where our members can be anonymous. On the contrary, we believe the Bible teaches that we as Christians are to be deeply involved in each other’s lives. Through our public services, Bible studies, and individual discipling, we strive always to be spurring one another on to follow Jesus more faithfully.
4. Passion in worship: Worship is what we owe to God in every particular of our lives, and we want our hearts to be fully engaged in that work. As we go to our jobs, attend our classes, shepherd our families, gather to hear God's Word, and, raise our voices in song, we want to be driven by a passion to glorify Jesus Christ.
5. Abounding in Christian love: We believe wholeheartedly that people will know we belong to Jesus by our love for one another. We desire for all we do to lead us to a deeper love of Jesus, of one another, and of lost people.
6. Faithfulness in bold prayer: We believe that our God delights to hear the prayers of His people, and that He delights to answer them. Because of that, we want to be a church that prays boldly to Him, trusting Him always to work all things together for the good of those who love Him.
7. Faithfulness in evangelism: Speaking the good news of Jesus Christ to friends, family, and neighbors should be a natural part of our lives as Christians. We therefore want to be constantly about the work of evangelism, and we want to be known as a people who go out of our way to build relationships with people who do not yet believe the gospel.
8. Urgency of mission: We believe the marching orders the Lord Jesus gives to this church are to proclaim the gospel and make disciples of all nations. Because of that, we want to be urgently engaged in the great work of international missions. Through deep, personal, and responsive relationships with missionaries in several different countries, we want to keep the urgent task of missions at the forefront of our minds and hearts.